Do you want to be in control of your birth?
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme is a complete 10 hour programme that runs as 4 x 2.5 hour classes. A workbook and 5 x mp3s are provided to our expectant Clients to support their practice at home.
Are you looking for an easy, comfortable, and yet drug-free birth?
Small class sizes last between 2 ½ to 3 hours, over 4 consecutive weeks. If circumstances prevent you from being able to commit to a class schedule (for example shift work or lack of baby sitter) then private classes are available by arrangement. The course fee is per couple and includes a workbook and 5 mp3s. Each course will provide you with everything you need to know to achieve an easier, more comfortable birth. Check availability and book your Wise Hippo hypnobirthing courses here.
What does the course cover?
- Explaining the relevance of the Hippopotamus
- The Picture of Childbirth today
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme materials
- Defining Hypnosis
- Acknowledging Pain
- The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
- Mind / Body connection
- The Impact of Others
- Taking charge of your thoughts
- Relaxation – the antidote to discomfort
- What is Relaxation?
- Positions for Relaxation
- Remember to Breathe
- Eyes Open Hypnosis
- Time Distortion
- Birth Partners Script
- Establishing a practice routine
- Prenatal bonding
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Choosing who will be with you when you have your baby
- Alternative options for promoting comfort
- Medical intervention
- Natural nudges of encouragement for your baby
- Interventions explained
- Benefits of a natural birth
- Writing your birth plan and making your birth choices
- Physical preparations for birth
- The mirror mantra
- Fear release session
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Positions for birth
- Ligaments and pelvis
- Humming your baby down – birthing your baby
- Birth partner’s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Sea of Serenity – Birth Hypnosis session
- Your practice and preparation diary
Check availability and book your Wise Hippo hypnobirthing courses here.